2018 04 18 inserted preamble:
to b clear, my personal spirituality is relative to th biblical txt principles. that does not eliminate or minimze othr such txts of various cultures. im not sufficiently familiar wth their content & context to know whether or not they r effectively congruent wth science & social political policies... i suspect that all such txts may b significantly congruent. tht is, i may presume them all to have some similar level of being congruent aftr being de-cluttered of their unsubstantiated assertions, senseless sensibilities, speculations & illogical notions.
i found this resource while watching television/netflix to be exact.
'Robert Lawrence Kuhn
Robert Lawrence Kuhn is the creator, writer, host and executive producer of Closer To Truth, the PBS/public television series on cosmos, consciousness and meaning that presents leading scientists, philosophers and creative thinkers discussing fundamental questions (www.closertotruth.com). ...
Peter Getzels is the award-winning, producer/director and co-creator of Closer To Truth: Cosmos, Consciousness, Meaning. He comes to filmmaking as an anthropologist, explorer, and mountaineer. Getzels is noted for high- concept, cutting-edge films that have been distributed around the world...'
the following r my responses after viewing the interviews...
ive just watched the interviews on 'did God create evil'. i passionately appreciate the concept of interdependent knowing. what i mean by this is that, the most accurate knowing shall come from many different resources, & thus perspectives. the more diverse, the more likely accuracy shall be attained. therefore, i do indeed appreciate this program. it gives folks like me, access to folks who ask some of the same questions that i have been asking and am quite interested in understanding.
as ive stated earlier, i believe that the biblical text, science and documentation of ancient and recent events, are all innately congruent. they all speak to the same truths. the problem in the opinion of me, is that each have nonsense stuff cluttering the true aspects within each, thus making them ostensibly at odds with each other.
as i listened to the different interviewees, this concept of interdependent knowing was demonstrated. a coherent analysis of the question posed was expressed; even if the host did not seem to realize it. i blieve that when u take the most coherent aspects of the various interviewees perspectives, a certain level of clarity can be reached.
1st, it is my understanding that the biblical txt God does not shy away from taking responsibility for creating all; tht would include wht we humans deem "evil".
n such passages, God seems to b saying, in effect, "not only did I bring u into this world, I alone can take u out of this world-& I can do th same to th world!" the bblcl txt God does not hide the fact that God is ultimately th cause of floods, plaques, killings, sickness, bad attitudes & tyrants/kings to rise & fall. n addition, th bblcl txt God, exclaims repeatedly, that all things r n fact preset/predetermined...
my main points:
1) whn God/Th Creator/Th Author/Th Supreme Being does it, it is not evr "evil". G.O.D.'s moving & being can nevr b deemed "evil"... G.O.D. is perfect love, good, mercy, judge & etc...whn G.O.D does it, it is always out of God's perfect love, wisdom, good & mercy...G.O.D. is absolute, we r only relative-whn we do somethng-G.O.D. determines if it shall b deemed; "evil" or "good"...still, as childn, we naturally dn't understand th distinction btween G.O.D. & ourself...so naturally, we hv th tendency to try to undrstand G.O.D. n terms of our finite perspective...
2) if we take the metaphor that God is as a parent & then ask this question. when is and why might the parent subject th parent to the rules/restrictions that the parent places on the children?
3) God/The Cause/Determinant of all, created all. is [& has to be] n all & all n God. as i suggest that the finite fundamental ingredient of all finite matter/energy is th electron; God, ultimately has to b th ultimate/spiritual ingredient for th electron...
4) our finite-blurry-wavering imperfect standard of morality comes from our finite-blurry-wavering imperfect knowing. as far as im concerned wth finite life, any effort to formulate a less subjctve notion of morality, must be associated wth, universal sustainability; tht is, universal homeostasis. tht whch provides an ovr all eco-system for th hghest quality of universl life, is generally moral behavior. thoz systems, whch offend th hghest quality of universal life r immoral. i suspect, tht G.O.D. being The Supreme Spirit manifest our comings & goings, n a similar mode. thus, as only God can; i blieve tht God moves n th mode of "by whtevr means necessary"; noting tht all of God's "means" r always from th place of perfect love.
5) we have a sense of freewill, it is not absolute. just as we have a sense of the effect we call 'gravity'. [the current conventional explanation of gravity (a mysterious power source from within matter), conflicts with the basic laws of physics; potential and kinetic energy and work expenditure)]. that effect (gravity) is better/more logically explained by the concept of universal expansion by mark mccutcheon, in his book, "expansion theory, rethinking our scientific legacy".
6) God does & is capable of doing everything we can do, everything we can only imagine and all of what we can't. If God is all, in all and all n God, then this has to b true, sound logic.
7) God absolutely cannot deny God. thus n that vein, it is the only thing God cannot do...& the biblical txt makes this claim, openly. remembering that God is all n all... even when we are unfaithful, God is still faithful...God is still always omnipotent, omniscient & omnipresent n th spiritual reality. n th matrix of God's imagination, God is also th physical xperience; th created. thus God is both the cause & th effect.
8) whether we view God as parent, artist/sculptor, carpenter, author & or etc., all contribute to our understanding tht G.O.D. is th "head honcho", th top Authority, where "th buck stops"-Th Boss. n th physical xperience, we tend to respect thez relative nteractions but seem to hv trouble contemplating God, our Creator, as th ultimate authority. again, such is to b xpectd of immature children. (hebrew 1:1-14, 5:1-14 & 8:1-13)
9) as set theory in mathematics asserts, The Cause/The Determiner/The Ultimate/The Creator/God is necessarily 'The Universal/Infinite Set' containing all of the properties of the various subsets...i.e.life, intelligence, plants, electrons, invisibility, emotions, pleasure & pain, thus relative good & evil....etc. As we cannot know the extent of This Infinite Set, we do know of and have some understanding of some of its members/aspects/functions, even if it is only knowing in relationship to our finite perspectives.
10/11, 5:11pm Terri A Mccurdy
10/11, 5:15pmTerri A Mccurdy
10/11, 5:36pm Terri A Mccurdy
10) p.s. obedience to God is the moral standard as presented in the biblical text... 'sin' is fluid/dynamic & ever changing throughout the contextual framework of the biblical stories....this fact is irrefutable...
11) Creation is as an elaborate coordination of some imagination of God-The Perfect Parent, Sculptor, Engineer, Supreme Being....Creator.
12) whose or what definition do we use to judge/hold God/Th Cause accountable ...?
13) according to the biblical text, science/logic & documentation of ancient & recent past events, good is being obedient to/n sync with The Cause/God. [good can only be defined in terms of obedience to the Cause/Creator] & this according to whatever that (good) specifically means to God at any given time/space... likewise, evil is disobedience to God-according to God for tht ndividual, not according to a persons standards (G.O.D is Not a "person", God came not by a per son-God is Th Ultimate Life Being-Th Supreme Being-a Living Force)...which brings us back to the principle underlining th congruent relationship between good, morality, ecological sustainability and thus eco-homeostasis.
10/15, 9:43am Terri A Mccurdy
14) ...once we accept/admit/confess that God is omnipotent, omnipresent & omniscient are not all opposing debates essentially moot & mute...
5:29am Terri A Mccurdy
15) science is definitive with respect to the perception of "cause & effect"...the determination rule & documentation of ancient & recent events are without any variations to that perception...everything is depicted as being predisposed to being determined by prior events...there is no evidence to the contrary in this construct of God's manifestation of the physical experience... romans 19:20-23 asserts that what may be known/understood of God is found in that which has been created-the physical experience-th physical world. even subject to our relative 2 years old understanding, our science of the physical realm still testifies to God's existence, character & absoluteness..
10/25, 8:01am Terri A Mccurdy
16)...i shud hv said created & then brought to form th serpent-lucifer...
ultimately, howevr; n God's omnipresenceness, all is done at once...